Monday, March 1, 2010

EMBARRASSING MOO MOMENT!!!!!!

So on one cold August day (when I was 16) I went to my grandmother's house to visit my relatives aunt, second cousins and so on. Well since one of my relatives had a 2 year old son my grandmother decided that we should all go to the Action Wildlife Foundation. I thought it was too cold to go and it was really dreary outside. Everyone wanted to go so I decided I would string along.

On our way out the door my grandmother tells me (since I'm wearing shorts I didn't expect it to be that cold outside for August) that I should bring a pair of her sweatpants. I'm talking the kind of sweatpants that have the elastic on the bottom and to top it all off they are dark purple and I'm wearing a blue shirt. TOTALLY DOESN'T MATCH!!!!! Anyway, we get to the Action Wildlife Park and it is really cold outside. I'm way to embarrassed to wear my grandmother's sweatpants. Of course she tells me that I need to wear them because she's afraid I'll catch a cold if I don't. (Typical grandmother).

So as we enter the park I see one of my high school classmates (the MOST popular girl in school and I'm wearing my grandmother's dark purple elastic pants what am I thinking???) So as I see her and go behind the bushes and pull of the sweatpants as fast as I possibly can because I am mortified at this point to be wearing such pants in front of someone I know from school.

It gets worse.....my family is really loud and really funny. Well the 2 year old cousin of mine sees the goats and my ENTIRE family is baaaaing at the sheep and my high school classmate is watching everyone do this. I am absolutely mortified that she has to be the person working there and of all things she was dating my high school crush and I was so embarrassed that she would tell him that I was there with my family!!!!

Then it gets worse....aside from the funny sweatpants, the animal sounds my family was making at the animals to entertain my cousin, my family decides they want to go on the safari and they decide to get into the 2 cars that we came in and drive the safari. Well it was really muddy outside and not even half way down the safari my aunt gets her car stuck. Now I just want to call someone to pick me up and get me out of there. So my other relative gets out of the other car and says that she can get my aunt's car out and that it will be fine. She was able to get the car out of the mud my aunt is not used to driving in mud or in snowy conditions. So I'm about ready to keel over in laughter as well as in tears. I couldn't believe my day.

My high school classmate saw all of this. She was laughing and who could blame her? I have the most embarrassing family but I love them to pieces. It's never a dull moment in the Woods/Sosnowski family.

1 comment:

  1. Ahahahaha. The purple sweatpants. I wish you had a picture of them because it really was amazingly ridiculous. I remember how upset you were when you came home. You reenacted the whole thing. You were so mad, but all anyone could do was laugh...really hard.

    ReplyDelete