Sunday, February 21, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!

I heard that there is going to be another snow storm in CT on Tuesday. Last Tuesday there was a snow storm and I called the school at 6:30 to see if the morning classes had been canceled. The automated voice said there's still school. I looked online at wfsb.com and the campus was not closed. I checked a couple of more times and the last time I tried was a 7. Then I said OK we definitely have morning classes even though it is still snowing and the roads seem pretty bad. I only live a mile from campus so I walked to school on un-shoveled sidewalks, and it was slippery. I was also carrying 30 pound on my shoulders and carrying an alpha-smart. I had to pack my lunch, waterbottle, 2 inch thick binder for class and my folder for work-study after my classes. I was lugging this on my hike to school and when I get to campus I see two professors walking over to me and they said, "Oh I feel so bad that you don't know." I said "Know what?" "All morning classes have been canceled." I say, "When was this posted?" "7:21 this morning". I say, "Well I have two back to back classes one at 8:30 and one at 10:45 why didn't anyone post this sooner?" I was so upset so I had to hike another mile with no break. I didn't even get to sit down and catch my breath when I entered the school. I had to leave as soon as I found out that school was closed because it was snowing much harder at that point which meant more difficult conditions to be walking in the snow!!! My work-study boss was so outraged that it was posted so late that he emailed the dean and he was upset that I had walked all this way and he told me not to come into work today because the snow was going to get worse. I hope if we do have a snow day on Tuesday that it will be posted much earlier in the morning so I don't have to make another hike like that again.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was funny! I love you!!

    Love,

    Kylie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad all the snow they predicted is just going to be rain :(

    ReplyDelete